"An error message is available for this exception but cannot be displayed"
This is a generic message and is displayed on a handheld device if it does not have the optional .net Messages resource installed. Install the optional resource file in order to enable the handheld device to display more specific error messages.
To install the resource:
- Logout and close riteSCAN.
- Determine the Operating System of your handheld device: Check Operating System Version of Handheld Device
- Save the appropriate file below to your PC.
- For Pocket PC, Windows Mobile 5.0, Windows CE 4, or Windows CE 5, use the file: System_SR_ENU.cab
- For Windows CE 6, use the file: NETCFv35.Messages.EN.cab
- For Windows Mobile 6.0 - 6.1, use the file: System_SR_ENU_wm.cab
- For Windows Mobile 6.5, use the file: NETCFv35.Messages.EN.wm.cab
- Connect your handheld device to your PC.
- Open Windows Mobile Device Center. Note for Windows 10 users: Windows Mobile Device Center On Windows 10
- Click "File Management" (if you don't see this option, first click "Connect without setting up your device"), then click "Browse the contents of your device".
- Copy the file you saved in step 2 to the Handheld device path \\Application or similar directory.
- Now, on the handheld device, open the File Explorer application.
- Navigate to the path you saved to in step 6. Click the .cab file and follow the prompts to install.
- Start riteSCAN and perform the function that produced the error. You should now have a more descriptive error message.